We respect your privacy. This policy explains the accepted privacy practices for our services including the Happy Cloud Client software and Happy Cloud’s website at: www.thehappycloud.com (the “Website” and collectively: the “Services”). It describes the ways we collect and use your personal information and your rights with respect to our privacy practices.
THE SERVICES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OLD, YOU MUST NOT USE THE SERVICES, OR PROVIDE US WITH ANY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
Personally Identifiable Information that we may collect:
Registration is required for use of the Services. In the course of registration we may ask you to provide personal information, such as your name, contact details, birth date, and e-mail address. We will explicitly indicate the fields designated for mandatory completion. If you do not enter the requisite data in the mandatory fields, you will not be able to register with these Services. We may collect further information when you exchange communications with us, for example, when you submit an inquiry or contact our support team.
Username and password
Certain Services such as the Website will require you to provide a username and set a unique password that will identify you each time you use the Service. From time to time, we may require other or additional means or methods of identification.
You agree to maintain your username and password in absolute confidentiality and refrain from disclosing such to others. Make sure that you change your password frequently.
What do we do with your personally identifiable information?
We may use personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services and to enable you to use them;
- to improve and customize your experience with the Services;
- to enable the development and improvement of the Services;
- to provide you with support, assistance and updates;
- to handle inquiries and complaints;
- to send you updates, notices, upgrades and new releases;
- to provide you with information relating to the Services;
- to provide you with further marketing and advertising material, subject to your prior indication of consent. At any time you may opt out of our mailing lists, by contacting us at the ‘Contact us’ page on the Website. In any case, we will not share your personally identifiable information with any advertisers, without your explicit consent;
- to facilitate communication between you and us, and between you and others;
- to enforce our Services’ end user license agreements;
- to contact you when we believe it to be necessary;
- to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies as required;
- to collect fees and debts, and to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and any other misuse of the Services;
- to take any action in case of any dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- For any other purpose stipulated in this policy, or in the end user license agreements of the Services.
The information we share with others
We do not sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to third parties for any of their marketing purposes.
We may share personally identifiable information with others in any of the following instances, or subject to your explicit consent:
- We will share your information with our business partners to the extent necessary to facilitate your use of the Services and the functionality of the Services;
- If we reasonably believe that you have breached one of the Services’ end user license agreements, or abused your rights to use any of the Services, or performed any act or omission that we reasonably believe to be violating any applicable law, rules, or regulations. We may share your information in these cases with law enforcement officials, with other competent authorities and with any third party as may be required to handle the results of your wrongdoing;
- If we are required, or reasonably believe that we are required by law to share or disclose your information;
- In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and us, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
- In any case where we may reasonably believe that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or damage to property;
- If we organize the operation of the Services within a different framework, or through another legal structure or entity, or if we are acquired by, or merged with another entity, provided however, that those entities agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy;
- We may also share personally identifiable information with companies or organizations connected, or affiliated with us, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies, with the express provision that their use of such information must comply with this policy.
- Some of this information, such as your username or public profile, may be searchable and available to other users of the Website. Happy Cloud has no obligation to keep the privacy of personally identifiable information that a user makes available to other users via the Website or the Services, such as in our forums or other public functions.
Log files and aggregated information
When you use the Services, we may automatically collect further information and store it in web-server log files. For example, we may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Website, the duration of your sessions, the web pages that you visit, advertisements that you view or click on, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to sign-in or use the Services.
The Happy Cloud Software automatically collects and submits to Happy Cloud error logs information about a user’s computer and activities in the event of a software error or crash. Happy Cloud does not include the user’s personally identifiable information in these error logs, unless the user manually submits a bug report.
We may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information, including by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information through the Services, and by providing the information to users, suppliers, business partners, affiliates and any other third party, at our sole discretion, provided however, that the information will not identify you personally and that we will not knowingly, or intentionally use such information to reveal your identity without your consent, under the terms of this policy.
We may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information to properly operate and administer the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience and customize the Services, to create new services, to change or cancel existing content or services and to facilitate other internal, functional and statistical purposes.
Accessing your personal account
At any time, you may contact us at our 'Contact Us' page and request to edit, or amend your personal information. Please keep in mind that providing false, incorrect, incomplete, or out dated information may prevent you from registering with or using the Services, and/or may impair our ability to provide you with the Services.
At any time, we may review, retain and disclose any information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, as well as our internal needs. However, by doing so we do not either expressly or impliedly endorse, affirm or in any manner assume any responsibility for such information.
Deletion of information
If you wish to delete your personally identifiable information that is stored in our databases, please use the ‘Contact us’ page on the Website. We will inform you whether your request has been accepted, and may refuse to comply with your request, for example, if we believe that deleting certain information might prevent maintaining necessary contact with you, or jeopardize certain activities of the Services, or harm other users. In any case, we may keep any aggregated or anonymized information for statistical, marketing and other purposes.
We implement information security systems and procedures to secure the information stored on our servers. Such systems and procedures reduce the risk of security breaches, but they do not provide absolute security. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that our services are immune to unauthorized access to the information stored therein and to other information-security risks.
We do not warrant that your personal information will be stored for the required durations, or that your personal information will not be retrieved after being deleted.
We may change and update the terms of this policy from time to time. We therefore recommend that you read it periodically. All substantial changes that we make to this policy will be posted on the Website and take effect 7 days after their initial posting, unless we amend the policy to comply with legal requirements. In the latter cases the amendments will become effective immediately upon their initial posting, or as required.
Continuing to use the Services will indicate your consent to the amended policy.
You are welcome to contact us with requests, comments and questions at the Contact Us page on the Website.
Last update: May, 2010